Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/fforg/public_html/cancervictors.net/components/com_jaggyblog/router.php on line 156

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/fforg/public_html/cancervictors.net/components/com_jaggyblog/router.php on line 205
Treating The Cause Not the Symptom

Treating The Cause Not the Symptom

Source: Alive and Well, Dr Philip E Binzel p133-139

The problem with many (not all) Doctors and Oncologists in todays society is that they have been trained to be "tumor orientated". They are lump and bump doctors with no training or understanding of how nutrition relates to disease. For example, when a patient is found to have tumor, all that is discussed seems to be what is going to be done about reducing the tumor. The emphasis is always on; how is the tumor doing? Rather than; "how is the patient doing?" When they administer chemo and radio therapy to the body aimed at reducing the tumor, it has been seen that as the tumor gets smaller and smaller the patient gets sicker and sicker. At an autopsy you would hear "Isn't it marvelous we have killed the tumor" - yes, but you also killed the patient in the process of killing the tumor. When will modern medicine accept that they are treating the wrong thing?

In primary cancer, with only a few exceptions the tumor is neither health endangering nor life threatening. What is health endangering and life threatening is THE SPREAD of cancer through the rest of the body. There is nothing in surgery today that will prevent the spread of cancer. There is nothing in chemotherapy or radiation that will prevent the spread of cancer. How do we know? Just look at the statistics.The survival time of a cancer patient today is no different to what it was 50 years ago. The only advancement in the last 50 years has been the improvement on ways to kill tumors via chemo and radio therapy. 

The only thing known to mankind today that will prevent the spread of cancer within the body, is for that body's own defense mechanism to once again function normally. Thats what Nutritional Therapy does. It treats the defense mechanism, not the tumor. The tumor is simply a symptom not a cause. You need to treat the cause. If you take care of the body the body will take care of the tumor and the cancer. 

The ultimate question then is, "Does nutritional therapy work?" The answer to this depends on how you define "work". If you are tumor orientated like most oncologists and doctors and are looking for something to make the tumor disappear, then No nutritional therapy does not work. If you are looking for something that will prevent the cancer from spreading and/or saving the life of a patient, then Yes, it does. A tumor is normally made up 10% cancer cells and the other 90% made from body tissue, so its common for the body not to attack it which is why you can rid yourself of cancer and stop its spread but still have a tumor for many years. Dr Binzel suggests if the tumor is easily accessible its normally ok to have it removed, but if its remote and not causing the patient any problem then he prefers to leave it alone.

The medical profession needs to realise they have been treating the wrong thing. They have been treating the symptom rather than the cause. They need to realise that as long as they continue to treat just the tumor alone they are going to get the same poor results they always have. We are just scratching the surface of our understanding of nutritional therapy, and over the last 30 years we have been able to see that nutritional therapy works in its treatment of cancer. 

A word from Philip Binzel............

.....After all is said and done, the true measurement of a good physician is not necessarily how much he knows. It is instead, how willing he is to search for, find and use whatever forms of treatment, which in his opinion, will give his patients the very best chance to remain ALIVE AND WELL.